top of page

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa

The Subclass 191 visa has two streams for primary applicants:

  • Hong Kong (Regional) stream

  • Regional Provision stream

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa requirements for the new Subclass 191 Hong Kong stream include the following:

  • The primary applicant must hold an HK passport or a BNO passport,

  • The primary visa holder must make the application for an SC 457, 482, or 485 visas covered by the Hong Kong Concessions,

  • Must have lived, worked, or studied exclusively in a designated regional area for the three years immediately before applying,

  • Has held that visa while meeting the regional requirements for three years (unless SC 457 transitional concessions apply), and

  • Have been usually resident in Australia for a continuous period of 3 years immediately before applying, and

  • There is no requirement to meet an income threshold for these three years before applying for this Hong Kong stream.

The second stream of the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa is for the Regional provisional stream:

  • It is available for applicants who hold 491 or 494 visas.

  • You must have held that visa for at least three years before you apply.

  • The applicant must provide copies of notices of assessment and any notices of amended assessments about three relevant income years at the time of 191 visa lodgement. At this stage, no legislative instrument specifies an amount for this visa.

  • The applicants for the 191 visa must have substantially complied with condition 8579 while holding their 491 or 494 visas. Please note that the regional areas are determined at the time of the visa grant.

  • As per regulation 1.12 (5), family unit members will continue to meet the eligibility for the 191 visas despite their age. For example, dependent children who turn 18 or 23 can be added to the 191 application as they hold a 491 or 494 dependent visa.

As Many of you will be eligible for the 191 visas soon, you should start preparing your 191 visa application at least three months before you become eligible. You may book a consultation with us to schedule your application for the permanent residence 191 visas.

77 views0 comments


bottom of page